These corn dog muffins could not be any more simple. They are also an affordable snack or even lunchbox treat. I buy my Jiffy mix in bulk, heck is .49 a box! That way I can whip these puppies up in a flash. Its fun and is always a crowd pleaser. I even make them ahead and re-heat for an after-school snack. The whining and fussing usually subsides as soon as they get to the table.
Add some bacon bits or even a 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the batter to give these even more flavor! Honestly, add them both because how can you go wrong with bacon and cheese?
1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the jiffy mix, egg and milk.
- Stir until well combined. It should be a little lumpy.
- Set the batter aside to rest.
- Cut a hot dog into 5 equally sized pieces.
- Insert a toothpick completely through each one end to end, without piercing the bottom.
- Place muffins cups into tin, or spray with cooking spray or oil.
- Stand 1 hot dog up in each muffin cup.
- Stir the corn muffin mix then carefully fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
- Twist each hot dog to adhere the batter and allow for a small amount of batter to cover the bottom under the hot dog.
- Bake in preheated oven for up to 15 minutes. Check frequently to ensure they are cooked through.
- Serve with a side of catsup. Enjoy!